Sunday, January 18, 2009

Monica Roccaforte The Best Movies

la peña turtle

I left Cuba because I was tired of the atmosphere schizophrenic situation there, because after several years of life, I did not want to make my life there, because I often felt stifled, stuck, and that feeling has come to be stronger than happy to live surrounded by a tribe Cálida.
Three years ago I arrived in Havana with a single ticket and the address of a casa particular where to put my two bags in the first days. That's it. I did not know if I would stay a few months or years. I knew nobody on the island, but I was full of curiosity (I exaggerate a little, I kept a friend from my first trip to the island in 1995, and the fact that he comes to me at the airport when I arrived made me a very foolish).
Very soon my Cuban andanzas led me to chance encounters, concerts Peñas, parties in discussions. I had the chance to meet great people early, even if I had only half aware that time.
few weeks ago I read an article posted on Penúltimos Días . There was talk of "new rebels." And I realized that I knew almost everyone, close friends, and that beyond the political positions of each other, it is precisely their rebellion, freedom, energy that accompanied my discovery of Cuba, and had made him so rich.
I arrived at a rather sluggish in Cuban history, the end of a political project, his disintegrating anyway. But what binds us to a country, it is not an abstract image, rather it is very flesh, these are the friends you have, the meetings that mark us, sometimes we bury the dead .
The time has passed since I left, but I'm always careful what happens there, and my memories remain strong. And since fragments island is there, why not continue to share?
So if laziness does not conquer me, I'll introduce you to some friends. I've already talked about Yoani and Reinaldo , soon you will meet Pedro Luis, Ray, Gorki, Ciro, Amaury, Luis Eligio, David, Arthur, Jacqueline, Irina, Pedro, Frank, Erick, Mayito, el Maja El Profe and many others ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment