Friday, January 9, 2009

What Can I Serve As A German Appetizer

the birth of a blog

I remember it was an afternoon in late winter, shortly before I left Cuba. I was in their living room with this view that dominates the south of Havana.
often I came home for the past two years, have a coffee, a glass of water, eat some pasta, a pretext for informal discussions - precious moments, trying to decipher an opaque reality. Was like leaving the island for a few hours, the codes were different, everything seemed simpler, more direct.
During one of my trips outside Cuba, they even kept Jico my jicote despite his voracious curiosity toward their tiny Téa. Since then, Jico hibernates in Paris and Téa joined the Turtle ...
paradise that day, Yoani sought a name for the blog that she wanted to create, she had several ideas. I found that "Generation Y" was the most appropriate for the Y, if and when generational Cuban, and the echo that it referred to the Gen X left behind history.
Since then, his blog has become a piece of the recent history of Cuba, precisely, and millions of people now have the chance to share the freedom of thought and Yoani Reinaldo (without Y. ..) . I am often
worried about them, how to avoid it, but I know their strength, quiet, comfort me now as then. And read day after day, it just cancel the hurricane in the middle where they are.

(And here , one of my first pieces, about Reinaldo).

0 comments:

Post a Comment